Sunday, March 2, 2014

Percussion Workshop No 1 - Rhythm and Movement

Saturday the 1st of March marked the very first creative music workshop facilitated by myself, with additional and quite frankly invaluable support from Sally Edwards. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the children for coming and getting so involved, and the parents/guardians who brought them!



For me, the workshop was as much about discovering what would work and what wouldn't as it was about encouraging positive interaction between the children. I have many things to improve and fine tune ahead of the next workshop. It is clear that percussion is a fantastic way of bringing children together and the act of drumming summons an unbelievable amount of self-expression.


I will be posting another blog in regards to the next workshop shortly. I can tell you at this point that I will be looking for a smaller group of eight children aged between four and seven. 

Yours Rhythmically,

Matthew Richards





No comments:

Post a Comment